En: The Knife and Fork Degree
The Knife and Fork Degree
This degree should be given in the dining room after the Chaplain has given the blessing.
My Brother the working tools of the Knife and Fork degree are explained as follows:
- The Knife is an instrument made use of by operative Masons for the purpose of keeping the wild animals at bay, in the event of an attack. But we work in speculative Masonry only, so, we are taught to make use of it for the more noble and glorious purpose of slicing our Steaks, and Vegetables prior to ingesting them.
- The Fork is an instrument made use of by the operative Mason for the purpose of gathering the brush and plants when clearing a building site. But we work in speculative Masonry only, so we are taught to use it for the more noble and glorious purpose of skewering the Steak, or Vegetable, prior to slicing, and then again, for the purpose of lifting said morsel from the plate to our mouths, for ingestion.
- Mouth open ready for food
- I could tell you, but then I'd have to feed you.
- The Knife and Fork Degree
- I do not attend the meetings
- I have not the time to spare
- But every time they have a feast
- You will surely see me there
- I cannot help with the degrees
- For I do not know the work
- But I can applaud the speakers
- And handle a knife and fork
- I am so rusty with the ritual
- That it seems like Greek to me
- But practice has made me perfect
- In the knife and fork degree.
- The Knife and Fork Degree http://www.mpoets.org/knifeAndFork.htm